Comprehensive ICD-10 consulting services for planning, education and implementation
Care Communications offers a range of ICD-10 (CM and PCS) consulting services, including an ICD-10 Documentation and Revenue Risk Assessment as well as skills assessments, training and education for all user levels and ongoing performance analysis. CARE’s ICD-10 consulting and education services are customized based on your facility’s immediate and long-range ICD-10 implementation needs.
Our ICD-10 consulting services include:
- Documentation and Revenue Risk Assessment – CARE’s I-10 Code Predictor℠ proprietary software and chart review will determine how well ICD-9 codes translate into ICD-10 resulting in documentation improvement priorities, reimbursement risk identification, and education and training priorities.
- Skills Assessment, Training and Education – CARE partnered with Elsevier/McStrategies to offer an online coder skills assessment, suite of ICD-10 foundations courses and the ICD-10 coding curriculum. In addition, CARE’s ICD-10 certified trainers will work one-on-one with coders and clinicians to improve documentation and coding while also providing ongoing feedback to fully prepare staff for ICD-10.
- Transition Planning and Recommendations – Development of a facility-specific and comprehensive ICD-10 transition plan that includes organizational strategies, tactics, timing, resource and budget allocations.
- Coding Quality Review and Education/Auditing – A coding review specialist studies your ICD-10 records to identify where changes are necessary. The specialist then creates an easy-to-use report summarizing all data from the coding review. Supporting the entire process is an experienced team consisting of coding compliance and data specialists as well as a senior coding advisor who assure a thorough review and meaningful report. Personalized training ensures that necessary improvements are made to each coder's performance and the organization's coding procedures.
- Plan Implementation – Full and project-specific implementation assistance in HIM, project management, revenue cycle and information technology to help ensure timeliness and minimal disruption to operations.
- Interim Directors/Leaders – Experienced professionals to provide organizational leadership to create urgency, gain cooperation and collaboration, coordinate across departments and provide implementation assistance.
- Project Management – Project management credentialed staff with advanced project management tools will effectively lead the ICD-10 implementation plan, communicate needed information to stakeholders; anticipate and manage conflict; reduce the risk of failure; maximize the benefits of ICD-10 implementation; and bring the project in on schedule and on budget.
- Coding and Management Staff Resources – Skilled (ICD-9 and ICD-10) coding professionals and experienced credentialed managers to supplement staffing levels before, during and after implementation to help ensure continuous production and prevent spikes in unbilled accounts receivable.
For more information about any of our ICD-10 transition services, simply contact us or email firstname.lastname@example.org.